Monday, March 09, 2009
in the kitchen...
I was quite the...uh, domestic woman this weekend…cooked, cleaned…went to church. (And a pretty sweet Greek praise and worship event Saturday night...so great) But it was really refreshing and I enjoyed it, also because of the absolutely gorgeous weather. So I am kind of proud of my cooking the past few days. Yep. All that fresh food from the market and cleaning the kitchen made me create some masterpieces. Well, not quite masterpieces, but I felt pretty resourceful and…like a cook? Anyway, what I am most impressed with are my chicken strips breaded in corn flakes. They were quite delish, so I would consider them a success. I also made chicken and rice soup with mushrooms, but I had to substitute and/or leave out some stuff, so not quite as delish as usual, but still a success, because I had some after school today, and it was perfect and there is a lot of it, which was my goal, to have some leftovers for the week. I didn’t measure anything and improvised a lot, so that is what made me feel like a cook the most. Not because it turned out perfectly. :) hehe I have also been really enjoying my basil-less bruschetta recently and potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper, or even just tomato and feta pitas or rice and avocados. So that is what I have been eating recently, cooking a lot more than I did at first and more “real” stuff than I usually do at home, like chicken from the market that you have to…do something to (not like the whole chicken or anything, just not already ready chicken).
My clean and organized kitchen!
Some of the delish corn flake chicken strip experiment pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That's my girl! Your mama couldn't be prouder!
very nice!
you, eating leftovers?
that's one clean kitchen
thanks! but dad...i don't understand where you got this concept that i don't like leftovers. i think that you've felt this way for quite some time, but the truth is that i have liked leftovers for quite some time now. perhaps back when i was picky and supposedly only ate "white foods", i also preferred to skip on the leftovers, but i don't think that that has accurately characterized me for at least 10-15 years now. :)
ok so maybe since you got back from Africa you have not been so picky about all kinds of foods - I'll give you that.
I was just trying to make silly conversation - Silly
I still like these updates you have been adding - you're the best!
mmmmm....I miss your cooking. esp cookies. and soup day. and peanut butter.
Post a Comment