OK, so a couple of weekends ago, I went to Olympia and Delphi. Olympia is the site of the first Olympics and so you can go and see the ruins of where they were held which includes Zeus’ temple, which I heard was supposedly one of the wonders of the world? I’m not sure, but it was pretty cool to see. Delphi had a bunch of old rocks, er, ancient monuments, but it was also up in the mountains, so the views were SWEET. The little town was also very much what I think of as “Greek”…all cutesy with very steep hills and such. We also had very good sunny weather, so it was a lovely weekend with a lovely group of people. Before checking out the cool ancient stuff of the oracle and Apollo and such, we got up and watched the sunrise from the top of a hill on the mountain we had found the night before. Gorgeous place. And the bus rides included lots of pretty, pretty coastlines and mountains.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Olympia and Delphi
OK, so a couple of weekends ago, I went to Olympia and Delphi. Olympia is the site of the first Olympics and so you can go and see the ruins of where they were held which includes Zeus’ temple, which I heard was supposedly one of the wonders of the world? I’m not sure, but it was pretty cool to see. Delphi had a bunch of old rocks, er, ancient monuments, but it was also up in the mountains, so the views were SWEET. The little town was also very much what I think of as “Greek”…all cutesy with very steep hills and such. We also had very good sunny weather, so it was a lovely weekend with a lovely group of people. Before checking out the cool ancient stuff of the oracle and Apollo and such, we got up and watched the sunrise from the top of a hill on the mountain we had found the night before. Gorgeous place. And the bus rides included lots of pretty, pretty coastlines and mountains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
fun! I love the starting line picture.
Post a Comment