Monday, September 04, 2006

primera semana...

lunes.4.setiembre.2006
So I have now been in Costa Rica for one week.
Let's see...nothing extremely exciting going on quite yet. Had some neighbors over for birthday dinners...went to Jaco Beach last Tuesday...orientation for language school drawn out over four days--finally over with that...moved out of our condo and into a new apartment over the weekend...
My dad and I tried to surf in Jaco...we weren't very good...but I did get my first surfing wound. Just a big ol bruise, but I'm pretty proud of it. :) I know, I'm a dork.

It was my first trip out of the San Jose (capital city) area, so it was a beautiful drive through the mountains and along the coast. Didn't get any pictures though. We didn't bring the camera as to not have anything valuable to get stolen, but still made the mistake of leaving my clothes on the beach...rrgh, someone stole my lovely boardshorts, flip flops, and a favorite old t-shirt. :( bummer. i was mad at them.


so, i wasn't finished, but we are about to head home back to our currently internet-less apartment, so i will finish later...who knows how much later...and will try to add some pictures...
ciao (did you know ticos say ciao too? i'm not sure if they spell it like that italian way though...)

No comments: