OK, so this last weekend I went on one of the trips that our school organized for us. We went to see a place called Meteora, which has these INCREDIBLE rocks/mountains/formations which was amazing in itself, but there are a bunch of monasteries built right on top of them into the rock itself. It's amazing, really. I can't imagine how they built them way back when they did. I can't even imagine how someone would build them today, with more technology. So yeah, it was pretty sweet. The bus wouldn't start when we tried to leave after visiting one of the biggest monasteries still in use, so we were stuck there a good amount of time. At least 4 hours I think. So we got plenty of time to enjoy the view and climb around a little in the area we were in. And that was only a portion of it...the amazingness continued around every turn we took. So cool.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Meteora Monasteries
OK, so this last weekend I went on one of the trips that our school organized for us. We went to see a place called Meteora, which has these INCREDIBLE rocks/mountains/formations which was amazing in itself, but there are a bunch of monasteries built right on top of them into the rock itself. It's amazing, really. I can't imagine how they built them way back when they did. I can't even imagine how someone would build them today, with more technology. So yeah, it was pretty sweet. The bus wouldn't start when we tried to leave after visiting one of the biggest monasteries still in use, so we were stuck there a good amount of time. At least 4 hours I think. So we got plenty of time to enjoy the view and climb around a little in the area we were in. And that was only a portion of it...the amazingness continued around every turn we took. So cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
love the headband. :)
i want to come to Greece!
i wish i had money!
Post a Comment